Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: The Fault in Our Stars

This special guest post brought to you by my daughter.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is told from the view point of Hazel, or known as Hazel Grace to Gus (Augustus) Waters. The book was very relatable as a teen myself and quite realistic. I felt Hazel's problems very similar to my own sometimes. I liked how she did not spend most of the book crying about nothing and was very out there.

When she meets Augustus, I felt as if he was a little on the impulsive side. Like if he wanted something to happen it would. But while he was very outgoing and almost unrealistic, his character is later made realistic, which is other point. Another thing that I felt the author portrayed well was grief. It wasn't sappy, it was heart wrenching. And there wasn't loads of crying going on.

The book had swearing, but I think that was one of the more realistic assets to it. Teens swear, like it or not. And the book didn't prance around the ideas of being a teen- it was as if the author was a teen. There was sexual content, but noting erotic. Overall the rating, would only be PG-13

The Fault in Our Stars is funny, heart wrenching, and extremely realistic. I would recommend this to any teen who is looking for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment