Monday, October 28, 2013

NaNoWriMo and Other Stuff

by Mary Sutton / @mary_sutton73

So, brief update this week.

LUCKY CHARMS: 12 CRIME TALES

Well, I might be jumping the gun just a bit, but a release date has been set for Lucky Charms - December 2, 2013. That's Cyber Monday for all you holiday shopping types (books of all types make superb gifts). The book will be available via all e-book outlets (Amazon, B&N, Apple, Kobo) and in print from CreateSpace. And, I'm sorry, but the cover is to die for (pun intended).

Cover for Lucky Charms
My story Batter Down is included (written as Liz Milliron), along with eleven other fantastic stories. A little bit of suspense, a little bit of police-procedural, a little bit of paranormal. I am so honored to be included in such fantastic company!

My major contribution to the project (aside from the writing) is formatting and compilation of the book files, a task I've been hard at work at all weekend. I'm pleased that we have a pretty solid print file, and only a few tweaks to make to ebook files. It's been quite the learning experience. At the same time, I've learned a ton so I can (maybe) use it for my own writing some day.

Launch festivities are in the works, so stay tuned!

NaNoWriMo Starts this Friday!

So, NaNoWriMo kicks off this Friday. I've got my outline, and I've got my scenes mapped. I'll be drafting the first novel in The Laurel Highlands Mysteries and I'm super-excited to start. I'll be posting weekly word count updates here on the blog, so check back to keep up to date on my progress. And feel free to crack that virtual whip if I'm slacking! To be a NaNo "winner," I need to put down 1,667 words per day, every day from November 1 to November 30.

Wish me luck - should be a wild month!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The cover is so cool...I looked at it a long time to make sure I'd seen all the charms.

    And good luck with NNWM...you are going to rock it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We all loved the cover. Can't wait to see the POD version too.

      And thanks for the well-wishes. Something tells me I'm going to need it.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on the release and with NaNo. May the words flow like wine (more fun than water).

    ReplyDelete