by Mary Sutton / @mary_sutton73
So a few weeks ago, I got a very nice comment from L.D. Masterson presenting me with a blog award (me, who'd have thunk?). And I've been a very naughty person, but honestly, the task of finding 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers was daunting to say the least.
So here were the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog. (easy)
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees. (easy)
3. Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.) (um, yeah, this one was hard)
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog. (easy)
Questions from L.D to me:
What is your favorite...
...room in your house? No question, the den/library. It's small, cozy, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and has a door to shut out the world. Oh yeah, and it's filled with books. =)
...flavor of ice cream? Chocolate. But not just plain chocolate. Give me something with attitude. I particularly like one (the brand/name escapes me now) that is a darker chocolate and has rasperry-filled chocolate hearts in it. Fortunately for my hips, I don't buy it very often because I could easily sit down with the entire half-gallon and a spoon.
...holiday? Hmm, toss-up between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Both have family and good food. But I'd probably have to go with Christmas because of the opportunity to share the joy of others as they open gifts.
...vacation spot? I think I'll have to go with mountains on this one. Shocking, I know. But I love trees and grand vistas. I just don't want to go in the winter. Mid-spring or early autumn (all those vibrant colors) is best.
...genre for reading? Oh, heavens. I read almost anything. But for a tried-and-true read, I gravitate to crime-fiction and fantasy. Unsurprisingly, that's mostly what I write.
...breed of dog? Living? LOL Actually, anything that doesn't look like a mop that is missing a handle, isn't a yipper, or isn't an ankle-biter. I'm a sucker for German shepherds, chocolate labs, and greyhounds. I really want a retired greyhound some day.
...time of the day? Mid-afternoon. By then I'm reasonably awake, it isn't so far into the day that I'm exhausted and ready for bed, and I feel alert and productive.
...sports team (any sport)? Probably any team associated with my alma mater, St. Bonaventure University. I've become so jaded with pro sports these days. The game has definitely become a secondary consideration for a lot of athletes.
...book from your childhood? Oh, goodness. There are so many, I really don't want to pick one. But if I have to, probably Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. That was the first mystery to really make me say, "Why didn't I see that?"
...sleepwear? This totally depends on the season. In the winter, long-sleeve t-shirt with fleecy pants (I don't like being cold). In the summer, a light-weight sleep shirt. The only thing I hate worse that being cold is overheating.
...year in your life so far (not counting this one)? The sappy thing to say would be the year I got married or the year one of my kids was born. But I'm going to go with 2012. I finally published something and started to get some traction with fiction writing, which is something I've been trying to do for, oh, forever.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I got my first gray hair at age 15 (thanks Grandma).
2. I was a red-head for almost 15 years (see #1 above - thanks, Clairol).
3. I love to cook (but not just "make dinner).
4. I think Firefly might be one of the best TV shows ever.
5. While I love chocolate, I do think there is such a thing as "too much chocolate."
6. I love reading while soaking in a bubble bath.
7. Even more than I love chocolate, I think I love salty, crunchy snacks.
8. Unlike most of my family, I can neither wiggle my ears nor curl my tongue.
9. My favorite vacation spot is actually my front porch.
10. I don't dislike cats as much as I say I do.
11. I'm addicted to chai lattes (if only they weren't so fattening).
Eleven questions for others to answer.
Details are appreciated, but not required (and will make this more fun).
1. If you could be any kind of animal, what would it be?
2. Name a book that you really loved, but are really kind of embarrassed you love.
3. What is your favorite article of clothing?
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
5. Who is the historical person you'd most like to meet?
6. Who is your favorite composer/musician?
7. What was your most embarrassing moment?
8. What is the one thing you wish you could change about how you look?
9. Would you rather do the cooking or wash the dishes?
10. Do you prefer shoes or bare feet?
11. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?
My eleven award recipients:
Okay, I couldn't find eleven. But here are a few fine folks you should check out:
Annette Dashofy: Writing, Etc.
Kaye George: Travels with Kaye
Edith Maxwell: Edith Maxwell
Gigi Pandian: Gigi Pandian
Jenna Bennett/Jennie Bentley: Jenna Bennett/Jennie Bentley
C. Lee McKenzie: The Write Game